Dr. Gagnon’s Information
Dr. Gagnon has a comprehensive practice promoting health, preventing disease and managing illness through integrative and complementary approaches. The body has a remarkable healing capacity when given the proper foundation. Natural methods of healing are used and consider the whole person before starting a treatment program. Dr. Gagnon has a traditional medicine background and extensive training in complementary medicine to ensure that her patients get the best of both eastern and western medicine.
Dr. Gail M. Gagnon received her undergraduate degree in Nutritional Science in 1983, her medical degree from Michigan State University in 1987, is board certified in Family Practice, a diplomat in The Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, a graduate of the International Fellowship in Anti-Aging and Functional Medicine and a Certified Practitioner with the Institute for Functional Medicine. She has been an innovative practitioner and has practiced integrative medicine for more than a decade, specializing in the use of vitamins, minerals, herbs and bioidentical hormones.
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (2016, www.functionalmedicine.org)
- Hormone Pellet Insertion Training (2008, www.hormonebalance.org)
- Fellowship in Anti-Aging and Functional Medicine (2006, www.faafm.com)
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (2006, www.worldhealth.net)
- Board Certified Family Practice and Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy (2000)
- Rotating Internship Traverse City Osteopathic Hospital, MI (1988)
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy (1987)
- Michigan State University College of Human Ecology, Nutritional Science, B.S. (1983)
- Illinois Licensed Physician and Surgeon
- Anti-Aging and Functional Medicine 2005 – present.
- Aesthetic Medicine/Cosmetic Procedures 2001-2006.
- Family Practice 2000-2001
- Emergency Medicine 1988-2000